BCMA and MU2 – not just a simple undertaking
June 3rd, 2013, Barbara Boelter, AVP ITS Operations at Somerset Medical Center
Don’t underestimate the work effort it takes to bring BCMA to fruition or you may have difficulty reaching that “simple” 10%. When the MU2 criteria first came out, we all thought, 10% – that will be a cake walk. We can bring 2 nursing units up and reach that goal…..wrong. The 10% represents BCMA of EVERY dose of EVERY medication dose given to the patient.
Read the full post on the new blog @ http://mu2.njhimss.org
The New Jersey Chapter of HIMSS (NJHIMSS) is pleased to announce the 2013 Academic Scholarship program for students of Healthcare Information Management and Healthcare Information Technology.
New Jersey students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship at the Graduate, Undergraduate or Certificate level.
The Graduate award is $5,000, the Undergraduate award is $2500, and the certificate award is $500. The winners will be invited to NJHIMSS event in the Fall of 2013 where they will participate in an award ceremony. Scholarship recipients may be asked to participate in the logistics of the conference.
There will be one (1) Graduate Award; two (2) undergraduate awards and two (2) certificate awards
Applicants for the New Jersey Chapter Healthcare Information Management Systems scholarships must fulfill these minimum requirements:
- The primary occupation of the applicant at the time the scholarship is awarded must be that of student in an accredited certificate, undergraduate, Masters, or PhD program related to the healthcare information technology . The specific degree program is not a critical factor, although it is expected that programs similar to those in, healthcare informatics, healthcare computer science and information systems, healthcare policy and quantitative programs in business administration and hospital administration will predominate.
- The applicant must be attending a school in New Jersey or be New Jersey resident
- The applicant must have at least a B average or equivalent at the time of the application. Certificate students may submit a letter of recommendations as a substitute for transcripts.
- The Application must be sponsored by a NJ HIMSS Member in good standing
- Previous Scholarship winners are ineligible.
All applicants are asked to submit a copy of their academic transcripts and a 500 word Essay on Healthcare Information Technology, online.
Applications are being accepted now through 6/15/2013. Winners will be notified by July 1, 2013